CAN Bus interface??

This question is answered

Is their a wiring harness for a 2010 Dodge Ram that does not include the CAN Bus interface? I really do not want to spend as much for a wiring harness as I spent on my head-unit!

Verified Answer
  • I think so, but I can't say for 100% certain.

The recommended harness for the truck is the Metra XSVI-6522NAV and the reverse harness into the radio is the 71-6522.

I'm not sure if Crutchfield carries it, but the Metra 70-6522 is under $20 online and should work.

You would have to run a 12V ACC wire from the fuse box to the radio, and you would probably lose a few features like chimes and maybe retained accessory power, but it should work.

Otherwise, you could always splice into the existing harness but I wouldn't do that if it is a leased vehicle.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

All Replies
  • I think so, but I can't say for 100% certain.

The recommended harness for the truck is the Metra XSVI-6522NAV and the reverse harness into the radio is the 71-6522.

I'm not sure if Crutchfield carries it, but the Metra 70-6522 is under $20 online and should work.

You would have to run a 12V ACC wire from the fuse box to the radio, and you would probably lose a few features like chimes and maybe retained accessory power, but it should work.

Otherwise, you could always splice into the existing harness but I wouldn't do that if it is a leased vehicle.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• We do not carry that harness. Has anyone tried it before in a 2010 Dodge Ram?

http://www.crutchfield.com/bio/Paul