Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

CAN Bus interface??

Other Products

Other Products
The place to talk about other types of consumer electronics and devices

CAN Bus interface??

This question is answered

Is their a wiring harness for a 2010 Dodge Ram that does not include the CAN Bus interface? I really do not want to spend as much for a wiring harness as I spent on my head-unit!

Verified Answer
  • I think so, but I can't say for 100% certain.

The recommended harness for the truck is the Metra XSVI-6522NAV and the reverse harness into the radio is the 71-6522.

I'm not sure if Crutchfield carries it, but the Metra 70-6522 is under $20 online and should work.

You would have to run a 12V ACC wire from the fuse box to the radio, and you would probably lose a few features like chimes and maybe retained accessory power, but it should work.

Otherwise, you could always splice into the existing harness but I wouldn't do that if it is a leased vehicle.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

All Replies
  • I think so, but I can't say for 100% certain.

The recommended harness for the truck is the Metra XSVI-6522NAV and the reverse harness into the radio is the 71-6522.

I'm not sure if Crutchfield carries it, but the Metra 70-6522 is under $20 online and should work.

You would have to run a 12V ACC wire from the fuse box to the radio, and you would probably lose a few features like chimes and maybe retained accessory power, but it should work.

Otherwise, you could always splice into the existing harness but I wouldn't do that if it is a leased vehicle.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• We do not carry that harness. Has anyone tried it before in a 2010 Dodge Ram?

http://www.crutchfield.com/bio/Paul