Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

How to modify Sennheiser wireless headphones?

Other Products

Other Products
The place to talk about other types of consumer electronics and devices

How to modify Sennheiser wireless headphones?

This question is answered

I absolutely love my Sennheiser wireless headphones - very nice sound, and a real stress-saver when sharing a house with others!  (No more arguing about speaker volume...)

But I have 2 little problems with them:

1.  When wearing them while active (doing dishes or housework, for example), they get sweaty really quickly. and

2. They block the sound TOO WELL - I enjoy singing along with CDs (when nobody's home but my dog Wink ) and I can barely hear myself.  I think I'm getting a bit of sound conduction through the bone, but that's not quite enough to let me keep on key!

I think both problems could be solved with some kind of add-on spacer, perhaps a very open foam or even terrycloth.  Does anybody know if these are available (and what they're called, so I can google)?  Or am I going to have to Jerry-rig something myself?

Verified Answer
  • The headphones get sweaty? Interesting. Try putting the headphones on an inanimate object such as a soccer ball and measure the amount of time it takes for them to sweat. If they don't go moist in an hour or so, perhaps the source of perspiration isn't the headphones. Just a thought.

If the Sennheiser's are closed "over the ear" cans, blocking external sound is what they are intended to do, and they are designed to perform best when "sealed". Open air phones can allow external sound to enter, but they are not very good for preventing sound from escaping (and annoying others). Unfortunately trying to make a "sealed" can into an "open-air" can doesn't work very well. The noise will bother the roommates, and the sound will disappoint you. The worst of both worlds.

RESIma

• Alex W

If the Sennheiser's are closed "over the ear" cans, blocking external sound is what they are intended to do, and they are designed to perform best when "sealed". Open air phones can allow external sound to enter, but they are not very good for preventing sound from escaping (and annoying others). Unfortunately trying to make a "sealed" can into an "open-air" can doesn't work very well. The noise will bother the roommates, and the sound will disappoint you. The worst of both worlds.

Unfortunately this is the correct answer. There aren't products (that I"m aware of) that will modify the headphones like you want. It's hard to find the balance between keeping what you are listening to "in" and allowing outside sound "in".

All Replies
  • Thanks for sharing this informative post ..head phone is the best listen in relaxing

<Mod Edit: Removed solicitation. Please refer to our Code of Conduct. Thanks.>

[edited by: TigerHeli at 1:53 PM (GMT -5) on Thu, Mar 8 2012] Family Business
  • The headphones get sweaty? Interesting. Try putting the headphones on an inanimate object such as a soccer ball and measure the amount of time it takes for them to sweat. If they don't go moist in an hour or so, perhaps the source of perspiration isn't the headphones. Just a thought.

RESIma

• Alex W

Unfortunately this is the correct answer. There aren't products (that I"m aware of) that will modify the headphones like you want. It's hard to find the balance between keeping what you are listening to "in" and allowing outside sound "in".

• So, whaddaya sayin' here?

"Unfortunately Alex was correct?"

I'm deeply hurt (what with me being the sensitive panther that I am, and all). Wink

RESIma