Replacing Car Head Unit (Pioneer)

This question is answered

So currently i have an Alpine cde-100 which is very outdated and old. I want to upgrade to a Pioneer DEH-X6800BT, so i bought it but it didn't come with a wiring harness...is there any chance that my current wiring harness will fit into the Pioneer Head Unit?

Verified Answer
  • The one that plugs into the Pioneer, no, each manufacturer has their own unique plug, even different models from the same manufacturer can have different plugs or even if they will plug into the unit, the pin outs may well be different.

Now the wiring harness adapter to allow you to wire the stereo to your vehicle can be reused.

All Replies
  • The one that plugs into the Pioneer, no, each manufacturer has their own unique plug, even different models from the same manufacturer can have different plugs or even if they will plug into the unit, the pin outs may well be different.

Now the wiring harness adapter to allow you to wire the stereo to your vehicle can be reused.

• thanks for the advice, i actually took the whole console out before i saw your answer lol, but i ordered the correct wiring harness for 7 bucks on ebay today, should be here tuesday. I much appreciate the help!