How to install Sirius with a Pioneer radio?

This question is answered

I have SC-C1 universal SIRIUS tuner & CD-SB10 adapter. Would it be OK to splice into my radio's power and ground in order to power the Pioneer CD-SB10 adapter? Thank you.

Verified Answer
  • Warren
    As for the ground, I would go to a separate place for that. Not only is is safer, but you might get noise by having both grounds on the same spot.

Warren - I could well be wrong, but I thought a ground loop came from having the grounds at different spots and connecting the ground points or using the same point would be more likely to avoid that?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

All Replies
  • It's okay to tie in with the power lead because it will not pull a lot of power. You need to be careful that you don't blow your fuse be adding the additional unit on the same wire. That would be the only holdup I could see. As for the ground, I would go to a separate place for that. Not only is is safer, but you might get noise by having both grounds on the same spot.

Hope this helps.

• Warren
    As for the ground, I would go to a separate place for that. Not only is is safer, but you might get noise by having both grounds on the same spot.

Warren - I could well be wrong, but I thought a ground loop came from having the grounds at different spots and connecting the ground points or using the same point would be more likely to avoid that?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• So I'm getting to go through this myself.  Is there something wrong with hooking the grounds to the factory ground wire coming to the stereo, just like the power?

• Not as long as you aren't overloading the ground wire.

(That may have confused you, but lets say the factory ground wire is 20-gauge.  If you were hooking up a subwoofer amp, it need 4-gauge (or better) power wires and the ground wire should be 4-gauge also.  Hooking it's ground to the factory ground would not work and even be dangerous.  The same thing applies here - one or two 5 Amp components like the Sirius tuner and Pioneer tuner is probably fine, but hooking those and a power inverter and your cel phone charger, and your GPS, and your iPod charger, and .... could be bad).

Hope This Helps!!!

• I did just that on mine - spliced into the wiring to the HU, soldered and heat shrinked the wires...the Tuner power lead is fused also.....mine works like a champ!

• Whats the version?