Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Scheduled Recording in Pioneer XMP3 do NOT record

Other Products

Other Products
The place to talk about other types of consumer electronics and devices

Scheduled Recording in Pioneer XMP3 do NOT record

This question is answered

I have scheduled recording using the XMP3 and the XM2go software. The recording sessions show up in the scheduled recording list on the XMP3, but never record. I am able to record individual songs by selecting record while listening to the song. I am able to record a channel by selecting record while listening to a channel & then selecting record the channel and a duration.

I have tried this with my XMP3 on or off and no difference. I have a strong XM signal from terrestrial repeaters, so I don't have the radio in the dock. It is connected to the power adapter.

Surely you can schedule a recording & have it execute without the radio in the dock. I would think you should also be able to have the radio on or off. It would be a pretty dumb design to restrict it that way.

I called Crutchfield support & they suggested resetting the radio to its defaults. I did that, but did not use the erase option. I thought it might erase my channel filters. [Those were reset, anyway.]

That did allow me to record the channel I was listening on. I did that & recorded 5 at the same time. I then could not change the channel without stopping the recording.... bummer.

Still no solution on scheduled recording. Any help would be appreciated. I don't want to go through the hassle & expense of returning it, losing time on my XM subscription & having to pay to have the subscription switched to a new radio.

Thanks.

Verified Answer
  • I do not have a way to test this, but I believe that the unit must be docked in either a home or car dock for the scheduled recordings to work. If you're willing to try this, it will be easy enough to verify.

Shawn

All Replies
  • I do not have a way to test this, but I believe that the unit must be docked in either a home or car dock for the scheduled recordings to work. If you're willing to try this, it will be easy enough to verify.

Shawn

• I believe you are correct!  I found this tidbit of info in the help documentation for the XM2GO application.  It seems a stupid way to design it, but it appears to be the case.  However, my first XMP3 would not even record in that situation.  Both units however, will record a song or a channel if you are listening to it & have the unit running on battery and portable [i.e. not in the dock or attached to an antenna or a power converter]  I had the unit replaced because it had this problem and it also started showing the "powering up" message forever & would not turn on...  I've had the replacement unit for 3 days & am hoping those problems have been solved. So far, so good.  The only problem I've found so far is that the "line out" connection on the home dock provides only a loud hum and possibly a faint sound, if you listen closely and set the line out level to max...  I've tried it with both Bose radios that I have.  I have switched docks, cables and radios.  The only way I can get it work is to use the earphone jack. That's stupid, also.

Thanks for your response.  I'll post the line out problem & see if anyone has a better solution.