Scheduled Recording in Pioneer XMP3 do NOT record

This question is answered

I have scheduled recording using the XMP3 and the XM2go software. The recording sessions show up in the scheduled recording list on the XMP3, but never record. I am able to record individual songs by selecting record while listening to the song. I am able to record a channel by selecting record while listening to a channel & then selecting record the channel and a duration.

I have tried this with my XMP3 on or off and no difference. I have a strong XM signal from terrestrial repeaters, so I don't have the radio in the dock. It is connected to the power adapter.

Surely you can schedule a recording & have it execute without the radio in the dock. I would think you should also be able to have the radio on or off. It would be a pretty dumb design to restrict it that way.

I called Crutchfield support & they suggested resetting the radio to its defaults. I did that, but did not use the erase option. I thought it might erase my channel filters. [Those were reset, anyway.]

That did allow me to record the channel I was listening on. I did that & recorded 5 at the same time. I then could not change the channel without stopping the recording.... bummer.

Still no solution on scheduled recording. Any help would be appreciated. I don't want to go through the hassle & expense of returning it, losing time on my XM subscription & having to pay to have the subscription switched to a new radio.

Thanks.

Verified Answer
  • I do not have a way to test this, but I believe that the unit must be docked in either a home or car dock for the scheduled recordings to work. If you're willing to try this, it will be easy enough to verify.

Shawn

All Replies
  • I do not have a way to test this, but I believe that the unit must be docked in either a home or car dock for the scheduled recordings to work. If you're willing to try this, it will be easy enough to verify.

Shawn

• I believe you are correct!  I found this tidbit of info in the help documentation for the XM2GO application.  It seems a stupid way to design it, but it appears to be the case.  However, my first XMP3 would not even record in that situation.  Both units however, will record a song or a channel if you are listening to it & have the unit running on battery and portable [i.e. not in the dock or attached to an antenna or a power converter]  I had the unit replaced because it had this problem and it also started showing the "powering up" message forever & would not turn on...  I've had the replacement unit for 3 days & am hoping those problems have been solved. So far, so good.  The only problem I've found so far is that the "line out" connection on the home dock provides only a loud hum and possibly a faint sound, if you listen closely and set the line out level to max...  I've tried it with both Bose radios that I have.  I have switched docks, cables and radios.  The only way I can get it work is to use the earphone jack. That's stupid, also.

Thanks for your response.  I'll post the line out problem & see if anyone has a better solution.