Sirius sc-c1 Tuner Problem

Other Products

Other Products
The place to talk about other types of consumer electronics and devices

Sirius sc-c1 Tuner Problem

This question is answered

Not sure if this is the right forum for this post, since im not sure if the problem is my head unit or the tuner but here we go...

I just purchased a Clarion NX409 Navigation unit and installed it in my car. I also got the Sirius SC-C1 tuner to go with it. Hooked everything up, powered it on and it said loading for about ten minutes. I got fed up with the loading so i turned the unit off and then back on and the sirius came up with no problem, so I activated it. Next day I get in my car power it up and the sirius just says loading for about ten minutes then it says No Device. So i reset the unit and still nothing, just says loading for a while and then no device. Got home, double checked all the connections and they are all secure. 

Any ideas on what could be causing this to happen?

Verified Answer
  • More often than not, this particular problem is usually due to a bad Sirius tuner. At this point there's really nothing to test and swapping the tuner would be necessary.

Shawn

All Replies
  • More often than not, this particular problem is usually due to a bad Sirius tuner. At this point there's really nothing to test and swapping the tuner would be necessary.

Shawn

• I have the same problem and have been pushed from Crutchfield - Audiovox (mfg of SCC1 I think) - Sirius.  No one is willing to step up.  I really expected Crutchfield to help sort this out because it makes the Sirius almost un-usable.  I'll try Crutchfield again since maybe it was the particular person i was talking to.