Is it me or is Sirius just not that good of quality?

Other Products

Other Products
The place to talk about other types of consumer electronics and devices

Is it me or is Sirius just not that good of quality?

• I've had Sirius satellite radio for a number of years now with the little radios that you buy and install on your dash or whatever. I always thought that the quality was subpar, due to the little radios. I went out and bought a new deck for my ford exlporer and bought the sirius adapter thinking it would sound a bit better. I was wrong as it all sounds the same. Is it the same for everyone or am I just too picky?

The sirius player on the computer sounds a lot better to me for some reason.

• I've never had Sirius, but I've liked what I've listened to of it.

I do know the signal is highly compressed - not sure if the internet portion is as compressed, or maybe you just have different hardware and EQ settings on the computer so it sounds better there.

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• Hard to tell on the info given. I can say I just installed a Pioneer DEH-P4200UB and the Sirius tuner kit. The sound is exceptionally clear and I get great reception. You might want to check your ground on the adaptor, and the routing on the antenna. If the radio on a PC sounds better than car/truck audio, there is definitely a problem....good luck!