Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Pioneer GEX-P910XM to factory stereo?

Other Products

Other Products
The place to talk about other types of consumer electronics and devices

Pioneer GEX-P910XM to factory stereo?

This question is answered

A couple years ago I bought Pioneer's GEX-P910XM tuner for my Jeep which also had a Pioneer headunit installed.  I recently sold the Jeep (head-unit included) after inheriting an 05 Ford Taurus from my grandfather.  I was curious if there was anyway to connect my XM tuner to the factory stereo as it appears the stereo and hvac controls are all part of one panel and would make installation of a headunit out of the question. 

The factory stereo is NOT satellite-ready.

Verified Answer
  • Unfortunately there isn't going to be a way to integrate this with a factory radio. You will need a Pioneer receiver to be able to use it.Sad

Shawn

All Replies
  • I'm not SUPER up on this, but I don't think you can do that.

Your best bet is probably to get one of the XM PnP tuners that you could connect through a wired FM modulator.

Or if you get inspired, you could see this thread to install a Pioneer HU, but it's a lot of work (if you have digital climate controls), not bad if you have rotary controls.

Hope This Helps!!!

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• Unfortunately there isn't going to be a way to integrate this with a factory radio. You will need a Pioneer receiver to be able to use it.Sad

Shawn

• Below photos courtesy of Edmunds.

Alright - things are not nearly as bad as they could be - that is a newer Taurus, and Metra has made some advances since then.

If you are okay with the factory stereo's sound and don't mind an external unit for the satellite radio, you least expensive and easiest option will be something like the Onyx for $70.

If you want to upgrade the sound and have the GEX-P910XM hidden (which I would recommend), you need a Pioneer Head Unit (HU) for roughly $130-$250.

Then if you have the mechanical climate controls like this:

You need a Metra 99-5717 kit from CF for $99 and 50% off with HU purchase - so for $200 you can pull this off.

If you have the digital HVAC like this:

You need the Metra 99-5719 kit.

Installation is surprisingly simple, although the kit doesn't quite look OEM (probably black on silver or green letters instead of green on black - but the new radio won't be green on black either - so not terrible).  I didn't see this at CF, but I would ask about it.  Bad news on this is street price if CF doesn't carry it is about $200, but you could take the audio upgrades as far as you wanted with that.

Hope This Helps!!!

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• Thanks for the info... i'll be doing some research into this.