Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Sirius Stratus6 Radio for Vehicle

Other Products

Other Products
The place to talk about other types of consumer electronics and devices

Sirius Stratus6 Radio for Vehicle

This question is answered

We installed a new Sirius Stratus6 into our Nissan Pathfinder. My husband got the antenna perfectly aligned and all connections are correct. However when we tried any and all of the fm stations that we could use (we were told to use the ones with static - we tried them all) no clear audio came thru. Some stations were a little clearer than others but nothing consistent. We park outside in Florida and we even drove around to see if that fixed the problem. It didn't. What can we do now short of sending the radio back to Sirius?
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Verified Answer
  • Based on your description, it sounds as though you’re using the wireless FM transmitter that’s built into the Stratus 6 tuner. While this option can work fairly well, the majority of customers that try this option find that the signal transmission is too weak for the factory FM tuner to receive properly. If the stereo in your vehicle does not offer an auxiliary audio input, I recommend adding the FM direct adapter for a better signal transmission. Because the adapter connects directly to the antenna input on the back of your radio, this signal strength is very strong as should be the clearest FM station the tuner is able to receive.

Depending on the year of your Pathfinder, you may need some antenna adapters to properly connect the FM direct adapter. Just enter the year, make and model of your vehicle into the OutFit My Car section of the Crutchfield website. If the antenna adapters are required, the website will prompt you to purchase them when you add the direct adapter to your online shopping cart.

HTH!  

www.crutchfield.com/Ryan

• Thanks to all for your suggestions and help. We took it to Best Buy, let them reinstall the Sirius Stratus6 with (2) antennas and it works beautifully now. Crystal clear. Cost $103.00~ Worth every penny.

All Replies
  • Factory or aftermarket head unit in the pathfinder?

Are you using the AUX input on the Nissan radio (if it has one), the wired FM transmitter, or the wireless transmitter?

You might try connecting the Sirius radio to a boombox or similar with an AUX input - to verify whether the Sirius radio itself is bad or the interface with the car radio.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• Based on your description, it sounds as though you’re using the wireless FM transmitter that’s built into the Stratus 6 tuner. While this option can work fairly well, the majority of customers that try this option find that the signal transmission is too weak for the factory FM tuner to receive properly. If the stereo in your vehicle does not offer an auxiliary audio input, I recommend adding the FM direct adapter for a better signal transmission. Because the adapter connects directly to the antenna input on the back of your radio, this signal strength is very strong as should be the clearest FM station the tuner is able to receive.

Depending on the year of your Pathfinder, you may need some antenna adapters to properly connect the FM direct adapter. Just enter the year, make and model of your vehicle into the OutFit My Car section of the Crutchfield website. If the antenna adapters are required, the website will prompt you to purchase them when you add the direct adapter to your online shopping cart.

HTH!  

www.crutchfield.com/Ryan

• Thanks to all for your suggestions and help. We took it to Best Buy, let them reinstall the Sirius Stratus6 with (2) antennas and it works beautifully now. Crystal clear. Cost $103.00~ Worth every penny.

• Glad it's fixed!!!!

Just to clarify for others - I think you did what Ryan recommended with the wired FM direct connection.  That option sends the output of the Stratus 6 through the AM/FM antenna connection on the vehicle's receiver (head unit).

I don't know of any way to add an additional Sirius satellite antenna to the Stratus 6 and I don't think that is what you meant.

Hope This Helps!!!

[edited by: TigerHeli at 10:16 AM (GMT -5) on Wed, Jun 16 2010]

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• Well interstingly it says (2) antennas on our bill.

However it works and the antenna cost was nominal.

If they made some extra money on us for nothing shame on them.

Thanks again and have a great day!!Wink