use stock sirius antenna?

Other Products

Other Products
The place to talk about other types of consumer electronics and devices

use stock sirius antenna?

This question is answered

I had Sirius in my truck when it had the stock head unit. I put a kenwood kdc-mp442u unit in and now i want Sirius again so can i get kenwoods Sirius package and just hook it up to the stock antenna?

Verified Answer
  • A factory satellite antenna uses a plug that is different from what an aftermarket unit requires. Some people have spoken about creating their own adapter or modifying the existing plug to work with aftermarket equipment.

Personally I have always used the aftermarket antenna and did not try to use the factory one with the new equipment because I didn't want to prevent myself from putting the factory system back together again.

Shawn

All Replies
  • A factory satellite antenna uses a plug that is different from what an aftermarket unit requires. Some people have spoken about creating their own adapter or modifying the existing plug to work with aftermarket equipment.

Personally I have always used the aftermarket antenna and did not try to use the factory one with the new equipment because I didn't want to prevent myself from putting the factory system back together again.

Shawn