Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Sirius SC-C1 and Alpine KCA-SC100 = No Sirius Anymore! :(

Other Products

Other Products
The place to talk about other types of consumer electronics and devices

Sirius SC-C1 and Alpine KCA-SC100 = No Sirius Anymore! :(

• Hello!

I bought an Alpine IDA-X100, Sirius SC-C1, and Alpine KCA-SC100 from Crutchfield last year.  Everything was working fine until last week.  Now I can no longer get into Sirius.  When I press Source, Sirius does not show up.

I replaced the KCA-SC100 unit and cable with no luck.  I checked and made sure power is going to all units.  I unplugged and plugged in all units.  I turned off the radio, and turned the radio back on; no luck, either.

I called Crutchfield but the women could not find my order and refused to help me.

Is there anything I can check before buying a new Sirius SC-C1?

Many thanks for any help troubleshooing this issue!

~Gian

[edited by: J P at 5:05 PM (GMT -5) on Tue, Feb 8 2011] Changed to discussion.
  • Sorry to hear about your problem.  Is there any possibility that the antenna cable for the SC-C1 got badly kinked or severed?

There's no dedicated power cable for the SC-C1, so it would be hard to determine if it has power.

The KCA-SC100 is the adapter to let you hook up the SC-C1 to your head unit, right?  I have a similar set up in my car, excecpt it's Pioneer gear with the SC-C1.  Try checking the fuse on the power harness for the KCA-SC100.  I had a very similar problem once, and I checked the fuse on that harness.  The fuse wasn't blown, but I think got slightly dislodged, as when I wiggled it around and back into place, I had my Sirius back.

I would also check the ground coming from the KCA-SC100 power harness and make sure it hasn't wiggled loose.

Finally, I would check the cable coming from the KCA-SC100 going to the back of your Head Unit and make sure its firmly plugged in on both ends.

Sorry if some of these suggestions seem trivial, but you never know.  Sounds like a power problem to me though...

Hope this helps!

1998 Honda Prelude, Pioneer DEH-P9400BH + Sirius tuner, Kicker KS6.2 front components, Kicker KS6930 rear speakers, Alpine MRP-F300 for speakers, Alpine SWR-1022 in ported box, Rockford Fosgate Punch 501s for sub.

• By the way, if you can, I would recommend moving this thread to the Car A/V forum, as I think more people will see it there.  Good luck

1998 Honda Prelude, Pioneer DEH-P9400BH + Sirius tuner, Kicker KS6.2 front components, Kicker KS6930 rear speakers, Alpine MRP-F300 for speakers, Alpine SWR-1022 in ported box, Rockford Fosgate Punch 501s for sub.

• One more quick suggestion.

On the reviews for the KCA-SC100 (which were mosly negative, sounds like you're not the only one with this problem) someone mentioned that they had the same problem and contacted alpine, who advised that they hook the power harness up to ingnition instead of constant, and that fixed the problem.  Maybe worth a shot...

• There was a previous issue where the Sirius tuner had to be powered on before the radio.  Probably related to the issue ColumbusJBR posted above, but if it was working fine for a year, that seems unlikely to be the problem.

Try disconnecting everything, resetting everything, and then re-plugging it in.

Also - call CF again - they should be able to look up your order and get you to tech support, but they might need the phone number or address when you placed the order.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• Hello All,

Thanks for all of the suggestions guys.  Unfortunately, I have tried them all and none have fixed the issue.  The fuse looks fine; I unplugged and reattached the fuse.  I also confirmed that there is 12v coming out of the KCA-SC100 wiring harness and its ground is good.

Since my last post, I actually purchased a new Sirius SCC1 and even that didn't work.  I also tried using the new, supplied antenna which did not work.

Lastly, I purchased an IDA-X200 (used) and plugged that into my setup.  It powered on fine, but no sirius, as expected.

I was actually the person who had the problem with sirius not showing channels, unless it was powered on before the radio.  This problem is a little different because the sirius simply won't come on at all.  The radio does not recognize the source.

I have called CF and gave them my phone number and address.  Unfortunately, it is not in their system and the representative refused to help me with the issue.

The only thing I can think of is maybe the KCA-SC100 wiring harness, which I confirmed is suppling power, is not physically connecting into the KCA-SC100 box, although the prongs look intact.

• You can't be Sirius!

Sorry...couldn't resist.

RESIma