Upgrading my wife's Honda with Satellite radio

Other Products

Other Products
The place to talk about other types of consumer electronics and devices

Upgrading my wife's Honda with Satellite radio

This question is answered

Our Honda came "sat ready", whatever that means.  What do I need to purchase to add sat radio?

Verified Answer
  • "Sat Ready" generally doesn't mean a whole lot.

From the Honda dealer, you can add the satellite tuner and antenna without swapping out the head unit, but it might cost you more than an aftermarket satellite tuner and aftermarket head unit.

A PnP satellite tuner such as the Sportster or similar could be added using an FM modulator or through an AUX input.

Or you can swap in an aftermarket head unit and aftermarket satellite tuner package.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

All Replies
  • What model and year is it ?

GLH Geeked

• "Sat Ready" generally doesn't mean a whole lot.

From the Honda dealer, you can add the satellite tuner and antenna without swapping out the head unit, but it might cost you more than an aftermarket satellite tuner and aftermarket head unit.

A PnP satellite tuner such as the Sportster or similar could be added using an FM modulator or through an AUX input.

Or you can swap in an aftermarket head unit and aftermarket satellite tuner package.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs