Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

XM Direct 2 Kenwood kit not working?

Other Products

Other Products
The place to talk about other types of consumer electronics and devices

XM Direct 2 Kenwood kit not working?

This question is answered

I receieved a XM car kit for my truck about 8 months ago from my uncle. I put it in, got a subscription and it worked great. Then about a month ago i get in my truck and keep pushing source on my kenwood stereo but xm never appears. Where the xm used to show, it now says disc changer. It will not even recognize that the xm is hooked up. I know the subscription is good, and i verified that all the connections are good.

Verified Answer
  • Try removing power from the XM receiver (pull the fuse, if necessary), then reconnecting power.

If that doesn't work, try resetting the kenwood stereo or unplugging and re-connecting it.  Write down your presets and customizations b/c those will be lost.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

All Replies
  • Try removing power from the XM receiver (pull the fuse, if necessary), then reconnecting power.

If that doesn't work, try resetting the kenwood stereo or unplugging and re-connecting it.  Write down your presets and customizations b/c those will be lost.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• Any update on this? Did you try TigerHeli's suggestions, and did they work for you?

Anyone else have a suggestion?

• We haven't heard from you in a while, so hopefully you are not still experiencing the same issue. Tiger offered some good suggestions, but if you still need help and you purchased from Crutchfield please give out Technical Support department a call.

• You do realize you are responding to your own post with the same questions ???

• I am having a similar problem with my Kenwood KIV-BT901 head unit coupled to the XM Direct 2 Kenwood Car Kit.  When I switch to Satellite Radio, the XM will play for about a minute then stops playing. Sometimes if I turn the head unit off and back on, the XM doesn’t even show up the selections.

I have tried the suggestions about pulling power on the devices but that hasn't seemed to help.

I know that the XM direct unit has to be programmed for the individual head unit, so is it possible that it has to be programmed again? Or does it sound like the XM unit is shot?

• If possible, would mind trying to reprogram the XM interface and when you do, use the DPX503 software.

For whatever reason, I've seen glitchiness in Audiovox's software relating to Kenwood and the DPX503 version has tended to fix the problem.

I don't know for sure if it will definitely fix it in this case, but it is worth a shot.

Shawn