Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Installing Pioneer with Sirius Tuner in 2012 Jeep Liberty

Other Products

Other Products
The place to talk about other types of consumer electronics and devices

Installing Pioneer with Sirius Tuner in 2012 Jeep Liberty

This question is answered

Hello, I am about to install a Pioneer head unit with a Sirius tuner in my fiancee's 2012 Jeep Liberty. The Jeep already has Sirius radio included with the OEM radio. What I need help with is if I can use the factory installed satellite antenna without using any special adaptor kits. Has anyone done a similar job where they could just plug the OEM satellite antenna into the new tuner? Thanks in advance for your insights!

Paul

Verified Answer
  • http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/sirius-antenna-plug-help-660719/

Apparently it worked in 2007 and I would expect the industry to become more standardized in this area - it looks like you might have to remove a plastic shroud and then it will work.

If not, there are probably adapters that you can use.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

All Replies
  • If the stock antennae connector fits, it should work.

GLH Geeked

• http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/sirius-antenna-plug-help-660719/

Apparently it worked in 2007 and I would expect the industry to become more standardized in this area - it looks like you might have to remove a plastic shroud and then it will work.

If not, there are probably adapters that you can use.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• Most aftermarket tuners use an SMB style connector.  The factory antenna doesn't have the SMB connector directly, so you will need to do as Tiger suggested and break the plastic casing.  As long as it's a Sirius tuner that you're connecting it to, you should be good to go. 

I hope this helps.  Does anyone else have any suggestions?

• We've not heard back from you DynaPaul, I'll assume that the link TigerHeli provided to you was the information you needed.  Feel free to post again if you have other issues.

• Yes! Thank you very much!