Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

JVC KTC-HD300

Other Products

Other Products
The place to talk about other types of consumer electronics and devices

JVC KTC-HD300

This question is answered

I am installing a JVC HD300 on my JVC KW-NX7000 in-dash nav unit. The instructions on the HD unit says to remove the antenna from the head unit and connect it to the HD unit. The instructions on the NX7000 says to install a splitter on the antenna and run the antenna to both units. When I went to several local shops today looking for a splitter, they all just looked at me like I had come from another world! They all told me that they never use a splitter and the antenna just connects to the HD unit only. I called JVC, but they just pulled up the manual on the NX7000 and repeated the instructions from it  to me. What is the straight poop? does the antenna need to be hooked to the head unit?

Thanks,   John McGraw

Verified Answer
  • I'm not familiar with the HD300 and the KW-NX7000, but I had a similar situation with an older Sony Head unit and HD tuner.

I suspect you can do it either way.

With the Sony, both sets of instructions said to run the antenna to the HD tuner and not to the radio.  With this connection, I had an HD source (which worked) and the standard analog tuner which only picked up static.

Personally, I ended up getting the antenna splitter, which let me use the analog tuner of the Sony in fringe areas with poor HD reception.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

All Replies
  • I'm not familiar with the HD300 and the KW-NX7000, but I had a similar situation with an older Sony Head unit and HD tuner.

I suspect you can do it either way.

With the Sony, both sets of instructions said to run the antenna to the HD tuner and not to the radio.  With this connection, I had an HD source (which worked) and the standard analog tuner which only picked up static.

Personally, I ended up getting the antenna splitter, which let me use the analog tuner of the Sony in fringe areas with poor HD reception.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs