Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Product Review for Garmin Nuvi 2555LMT

Other Products

Other Products
The place to talk about other types of consumer electronics and devices

Product Review for Garmin Nuvi 2555LMT

• I don’t travel much and have never felt the need to get a GPS unit. However, this summer I had to travel from my home in Virginia to both Florida and New York and decided to purchase the Garmin Nuvi 2555LMT. I didn’t have a lot of needs and but wanted a fairly large screen. The map information on the Garmin Nuvi 2555LMT 5” LCD screen is easy to see and the touchscreen is very responsive. Also, the suction cup windshield mount secures it solidly to the windshield.

My first trip using the Garmin Nuvi 2555LMT was to Florida. I have always used Mapquest online in the past and entered my trip information on Mapquest first. Choosing the option for the quickest route I was told my trip would take 12 hours and 15 minutes. Then I entered the trip information into the Garmin Nuvi 2555LMT, which was sending me the opposite direction Mapquest recommended from my house and said the trip would take 11 hours and 5 minutes. I decided to put my faith in the Garmin unit and was not disappointed. The first 300 miles took me through many state routes and 2 lane roads and was a very pleasant drive before having to get on Interstate 95 South. I arrived at my destination in Florida in 11 hours, 15 minutes.

When I returned from Florida, I didn’t leave until late in the afternoon and decided to break my trip up into two days. Later in the evening it started to rain very hard so I decided to stop. I used the Garmin Nuvi 2555LMT to help locate several hotels in the area before choosing one and pulling off for the night. In the morning before I left, I wanted to find a doughnut shop in this town I’ve never been in before and the menu search option for the Garmin Nuvi 2555LMT helped me locate 4 doughnut shops within 10 miles of the hotel.

The Garmin Nuvi 2555LMT is simple to use out of the box - even for a beginner. I would give it 5 out of 5 stars, and I haven’t found a downside to the Garmin Nuvi 2555LMT or anything I would change.

Andy
    Crutchfield Advisor
    1-800-388-2911-ext 3161

• I have a 2350LMT - older model, 4.3-inch screen.

I like it, but their are several downsides to it.

If you are using it as you did on a really long trip, you would not notice most of the downsides - and in unfamiliar territory, you would not notice them either (also it's faster than my unit).

Two major downsides with mine:

Recently, I wanted to find a QT gas station nearby - I thought I knew where one was, but I was wrong.  I searched "Gas Stations", and the closest QuikTrip was listed as 4.5 miles away.  I then searched for QuikTrip and the closest one was only 1.3 miles away.   Should have come up in the initial search, though.

More frustrating - leaving a sports game downtown and trying to get back on the interstate - there a lots of tall buildings blocking the overhead and lots of roads closed - the GPS will calculate and then tell me to turn left in 300 ft (on a 4-lane one-way street where I'm in the center lane), I can't make the turn, so it takes 30 seconds to re-calculate - I end up following the interstate signs and letting the GPS catch up.

It's not terrible, but it's not perfect yet either.

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs