Whatup from Yel

• Whatup all,

I discovered these forums while looking into setting up an audio system for my 2005 Impreza.  I was going to have a local dealer set everything up for me (why not let the pro's do it), but the "professionals" I ran into didn't do as well as I'd hoped, so I'm finishing the install myself and gathering data as I go. 

I'm working on an E&E degree which integrates well into what I do for a living. 

Computers have always been my largest intrest.  When I say computers I don't just mean games, but I also enjoy building them, fixing them (hardware troubleshooting, registry work, etc) and also programming. 

Audio is a strong second intrest.  My house is wired with solid systems, so the next step is the car.

The TF-33's started the job, my car audio system will likely finish it.... the damage to my ear drums that is.
  • Welcome aboard - Yel!!!

Just noticed you only have 7 posts - they've been such high-quality and so helpful to me that I thought there were more of them.

What aircraft were the TF-33's on, out of curiosity?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• Thanks TigerHeli.

Thanks for the compliment.  I probably kick out alittle more than is needed, but my experience in forums is that kicking out short answers leaves openings for arguments and flames.  I figure kicking out more will show why I say what I do, and if I am wrong the person pointing it out can show me where (and then I learn).  The main downfall to this I've found is that not everyone will take the time to read it, attacking the first or last line.  Neh... can't win them all I guess.

Ye olde E-3.  Wasn't an engine mechanic, but had a fair share of exposure to say the least.  Worked avionics, fixed test equipment, and later as an instructor for both of those and basic electronics.

Was actually wondering about the name TigerHeli.  Is that in regards to the video game or towards the actual helicopter?

The TF-33's started the job, my car audio system will likely finish it.... the damage to my ear drums that is.
  • Yel:
    I probably kick out alittle more than is needed, but my experience in forums is that kicking out short answers leaves openings for arguments and flames.

I tend to do the same thing - not so much to avoid flames as I figure if I can answer all of a member's questions (including the ones they should have asked but didn't know to), I don't have to post a quick reply, have them ask a follow-up question, post a quick reply, have them post a follow-up.  Also, other members reading the thread can find the info without having to follow up, and it makes a convenient spot to link to.

Ye olde E-3.  Wasn't an engine mechanic, but had a fair share of exposure to say the least.  Worked avionics, fixed test equipment, and later as an instructor for both of those and basic electronics.

Ah, the avionics background explains the familiarity with electronics circuits and the amplifier internals.  My real job is supporting the C-130J Hercules, so I was curious.

Was actually wondering about the name TigerHeli.  Is that in regards to the video game or towards the actual helicopter?

Embarrassed to say I had to Google what the actual one was - Eurocopter that looks a lot like a Hind.  It's from the video game.  That's one of my other hobby obsessions, and they had the machine at college and it was the only game I ever beat on a single quarter (well, you can't really beat it, but got to where it re-started faster at Level 2), and I was using the nick on other forums, so it made sense to keep it here.

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs