Ryan: Community Administrator

Policies, Updates and News

Policies, Updates and News
What's going on in these forums and in the electronics industry

Ryan: Community Administrator

• Hello!

My name is Ryan and I'm a 34 year old married man suffering from a severe case of Peter Pan syndrome. Some people might call it "Young at Heart" but I think my situation is more dire.

From Legos to laser tag, I've always loved toys. As I've gotten older, my taste in toys has become more elaborate and expensive. In my eight years here at Crutchfield, I've amassed a decent collection of toys.

Currently, I own the

Sony KDL46V2500 LCD television

Denon AVR-1802 receiver (The plan is to upgrade this asap)

Playstation 3 (Bluray/DVD/Gamesystem) Read my PS3 Blog

Xbox 360 Elite edition

Scientific Atlanta 8300HD HD cable box/DVR

Infinity Beta 40 floor speakers

Infinity Beta C360 center channel

Infinity Primus 140 bookshelf surrounds

In my vehicle I have the

Alpine CDA-9857 with KCE-422i iPod interface adapter

The KCA-121b aux adapter providing input for a Pioneer Airware XM radio

And at this time, I still have stock speakers and no subwoofer (Blasphemy, I know)

I own a 60GB iPod video and the original 8GB iPhone with the following accessories:

iPod camera adapter

MTX iThunder portable boombox

iPod AC charger

DLO Action Jacket

Shure E3 headphones

This is a list that’s ever growing. In the near future I plan to get a new HDMI capable HT receiver. Shortly thereafter, I will upgrade the factory speakers in my vehicle and add a subwoofer. I will update my list with any new additions.

Feel free to PM me with any questions about my toys.

If you’ve read this far, good for you, I’m impressed. I will “reward” you with a little more info about my interests.

Music: Mainly rock, blues, jam bands, some R&B, rap and hip hop. I hate to name artists because I always forget someone. Looking in my “Top 25 Most Played” playlist on my iPod, I find G-Love and Special Sauce, The Black Crowes, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Jack Johnson, moe., Beastie Boys, Audioslave, Ben Folds Five, RHCP, Gnarls Barkley, Stone Temple Pilots, Foo Fighters, Bob Marley, Green Day, 311, and Phish.

Sports: Any Pittsburgh team. I’m a huge Steeler fan. I’ve been to three games in Baltimore against the Ravens and they’ve won all three! I’m also a lonely Pirate fan. Let’s just say the Pirate bandwagon offers plenty of legroom. The Penguins are turning things around in the ‘burgh. They just signed a new contract to remain in Pittsburgh for another 30 years! They lost in the first round of the playoffs this year but their young and talented roster bodes very well for the future.

Hobbies: Golf. I try to play something that resembles golf but I usually fail miserably. I also play softball in a city league here in Charlottesville. I usually play 1st base or outfield. As you can probably tell from my electronics collection, I’m a video game geek. For the PS3, I currently own Resistance: Fall of Man, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, Rainbow Six: Vegas, Warhawk and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007. I’ve also downloaded “flOw”, “Calling all Cars”, and the classic arcade game “Gauntlet II”. I won’t get into my PS2 collection because that would take quite awhile. My Playstation Network ID is “bbriian”. Feel free to add me to your friend’s list. Oh yeah, and don't forget to check out my PS3 Blog. I just added the Xbox 360 Elite edition to my collection. My XBL gamertag is also "bbriian" so look me up for some online multi-player. 

Anyway, that’s me in a nutshell. Okay maybe a conch shell. Either way, I’m a just a simple guy with an electronics addiction.

Enjoy the Forums everyone!

[edited by: Ryan at 9:50 AM (GMT -5) on Thu, Jul 03 2008] [edited by: Ryan at 8:49 PM (GMT -5) on Mon, Sep 24 2007] Added Xbox 360. [edited by: Ryan at 1:27 PM (GMT -5) on Thu, Sep 13 2007] [edited by: Ryan at 11:04 AM (GMT -5) on Fri, Jul 13 2007] added links to PS3 blog

www.crutchfield.com/Ryan

• How do you become a community administator? Thanks
  • To be a Crutchfield Community Administrator, you must first be a seasoned Crutchfield employee. You will find the current Crutchfield Career opportunities on our website here.

We have just added our first Crutchfield Community Moderator in Tigerheli. You can find the details of his appointment in this thread.

I hope that helps. 

[edited by: Ryan at 7:40 PM (GMT -5) on Mon, Feb 25 2008]

www.crutchfield.com/Ryan

• For all you tweeters out there:

You can now follow me on Twitter!

My user name is: RyanExt3286.

Follow me and I promise to follow you!

www.crutchfield.com/Ryan

• Ryan
    Follow me and I promise to follow you!

Reminds me of a John Denver song, but I'm probably just showing my age and how out of touch I am.

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs