Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

overhead-ache

Policies, Updates and News

Policies, Updates and News
What's going on in these forums and in the electronics industry

overhead-ache

• I installed a Jensen 8.5 lcd (overhead) in a 2008 nissan rogue. Farly easy instal, but now the dome lights don't work! I double checked the install manual and realised I have made a fatal oversight. turns out there is a possitive switched system and a negative switched. I can't find a wiring diagram, chiltons and haynes don't make a manual yet. How do I tell witch type I have? I get no power up to the wires of the dome light. I checked all the fuses , and I can't find one blown or even one that is labled for the dome light. Is there anywere I can get a diagram? Also now the horn dosnt chirp when you lock the doors with the keyless entry, it works when you honk in from the steering wheel tho. i tried the reprogram for the keyless intry from the owners manual, it did everything it was saposed to but chirp! I hope somebody out there has run into something similar! Thank you!
  • What model Jensen?

I can explain how the positive switched and negative switched light systems work, but not how your truck was wired (especially if you have already cut the wiring).

• In a Positive switched system, power flows from the battery, through the door jamb switch, and when the switch is closed (closes when the door opens), through the switch and through the light to ground, turning the light on.
    • In a Negative switched system, power flows from the battery, through the light, to the door jamb switch, and when the switch is closed (closes when the door is open), through the switch to ground, turning the light on.

Essentially, you are talking about whether the switch supplies power or ground to the light.

I suspect that the keyless entry also uses the dome light signal and when you fix that it will work again also.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs