The SPLW 12" Sub

• I have a Power Acoustik A3000DB mono amp and I was wondering should I get 2 of these subs or just one... I have a 4dr KIA Optima and I want clarity and bass that can shake(not break) the windows. The subs are 1ohm stable along with the amp, but my question is which bass will be better two 4 ohm subs or my pick the 1 SPLW... Please help I'm so new to the techie side of the boom....

[edited by: FL Finest at 4:59 PM (GMT -5) on Sun, Feb 22 2009]
  • Your amp is 2300W RMS @ 1-ohm, 1800W RMS @ 2-ohms.

The SPLW is 1000W RMS, DVC-1-ohm.

Subs are not 1-ohm stable - they just are whatever impedance they are made with.

Two of the SPLW's wired to that amp at 1-ohm final should match well, but I can't promise you WON"T break any windows.  You might also need to upgrade your electrical system to handle it.

Hope This Helps!!!

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• This SPLW-12 is specifically 1ohm stable just like the amp (Check the specs on the sub), I'm now worried about my mids & highs... A couple of people said that I should go with the Infinity speakers while others say Alpine... My sub and amp will be pushing at 2 ohms so I might need crystal clear highs and mids to make it sound right. Any suggestions?!

[edited by: FL Finest at 9:22 PM (GMT -5) on Mon, Mar 16 2009]
  • They're dual 1-ohm speakers. Check specks on the sub.

You're gonna need a lot of tweeters....and lot's of power...and some ear plugs. 

• FL Finest:
    This SPLW-12 is specifically 1ohm stable just like the amp (Check the specs on the sub)

I repeat - subs are not 1-ohm stable - the concept does not make sense - if the company is claiming that on their marketing, they are trying to mislead you and I would buy elsewhere b/c of it.

The SPLW-12 is a DVC-1-ohm sub.

That means that a single sub can be wired at either 0.5-ohms or 2.0 ohms.

A pair of subs can be wired at either 0.25-ohms, 1.0-ohms, or 4.0-ohms.

It is stable at any of those ratings by definition b/c it can ONLY be wired at those ratings - however, it is a 1000W sub, so if you hook it up to an amp that is 2000W@2-ohms and wire it at 2-ohms you will still likely blow the sub from thermal overload, not instability.

Now amplifiers on the other hand might or might not be stable at 1-ohm or might only be stable at 1-ohm up to a certain limit.

Hope This Helps!!!

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs