Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

ONKYO TX-SR606 & old speakers

Policies, Updates and News

Policies, Updates and News
What's going on in these forums and in the electronics industry

ONKYO TX-SR606 & old speakers

• Hey everyone I recently purchased an Onkyo TX-SR606 receiver but have to save up for new speakers. I have an old 12"(dual voice coil) non powered sub with outputs that go to two small bookshelf speakers. Both the sub and bookshelf speakers have an impedance of 8 ohms apiece. I need to know if the total impedance of these hooked together would fall into an accpetable range for my receiver as I read it can only handle a range of 6-16 ohms. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  • The sub is DVC-8-ohm, or the sub is DVC-4-ohm wired as 8-ohms final?

I think you will have a hard time hooking up a sub and two speakers - you could run the sub on the subwoofer channel (if it has one) and the speakers on the A channel.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• Either way, it would sound pretty bad without crossovers.
  • Hey TigerHeli thanks for the quick response.I believe that the sub is DVC-8-ohm. It has left and right inputs(speaker level only)but uses an internal crossover that outputs to the left and right bookshelf speakers. I just dont know if the way the sub and bookshelf speaker are wired together produces a 4-ohm or an 8-ohm impedance per channel. I dont want to take a chance and ruin my receiver. Thanks again!!