Pyle speakers not working helpppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Policies, Updates and News

Policies, Updates and News
What's going on in these forums and in the electronics industry

Pyle speakers not working helpppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Hi, we installed a pyle cd/am fm player in a 14 ft outboard but for some reason we cant even get static through the speakers. We are amateurs beyond belief could someone help? The stereo display works and the built in equalizer but absoloutely no sound. He hooked up negative to negative and positive to positive .

[edited by: sbonilla at 6:35 PM (GMT -5) on Thu, Apr 30 2009] [edited by: sbonilla at 6:32 PM (GMT -5) on Thu, Apr 30 2009]
  • Pyle is not the best brand, but ...

Normally I would blame a factory amp, but that is unlikely in a 14 ft boat.

The speakers are wired directly to the CD player (no amp in between)?

Two speakers to the front or rear channels only, or four speakers one to each channel (You aren't wiring both channels to a single set of speakers, I hope, are you?)

Is the fader set appropriately (if you only have the rear channels connected, is the fader set all the way to the rear?

Ground wire run to a grounding plate or back to the negative battery terminal and both red and yellow wires connected to 12VDC and getting power?

If there is a menu setting to turn off the internal amp, is it deselected?

Post replies and the model number of the CD player and I'll look for anything else, but if all that checks out, it's possible the deck is defective.

Hope This Helps!!!

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• the model is pyle plcd10mr . It is hooked directly stereo to speakers- no amp. I dont know if it has a built in amp. There are only two speakers and he wires front lch channel  and front rch to the other. the balance an fade can be adjusted but I tried that and it didn't change anything. The power to the stereo is fine so I guess that ok
  • Hmmmn, not a bad looking little radio.  There is no way to turn off the internal amp.  You would want the fader all the way to the front the way you have it connected, but it sounds like you tried that.

I would try pressing the reset switch.  (Page 9).

If that doesn't work, I would try disconnecting both speakers and connecting the speakers one at a time directly to the radio output wires (at the rear of the radio, not 6 feet forward in the boat.

If that fails, I'm going to say it has to be either defective radio, defective speakers (both), or bad power or ground wire connection (or radio fuse, but the display probably wouldn't work either then).

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs