Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Wanted info or ideas on how to hook up aftermarket car audio system.

Policies, Updates and News

Policies, Updates and News
What's going on in these forums and in the electronics industry

Wanted info or ideas on how to hook up aftermarket car audio system.

• I have just bought:

One Kenwood KDC-X493 ecelon cd player it has a max output power of 50W x 4 and 4.0V 3 preouts.

Two Lanzar OPTITW 1" Tweeters: 100W RMS and a 200W peak. 1.2-25 KHz Impedance: 4ohm

Two  Kenwood KFC-W3012 DVC 12" subs. Peak input: 1400W Rated input:400W Impedance 4 ohm. Sensitivity 85dB

Two Kenwood KFC-P680C 6x8" speakers. Max power 200W. Power range 8-40 watts RMS. Frequency response 30-25,000Hz Sensitivity 91dB

One Kenwood KAC-9104D Class D Mono Amp. 1800 Watts max, 500watt RMS x 1 at 4 ohm, 1 ohm stable, variable low pass filter 50-200Hz at 24 dB   per octave, bass, boost control 0-18dB at 40Hz, Subsonic filter 15/25Hz and 18dB/ octave.

I am planning on replacing both stock speakers in my 05 Ford f150 front doors with the 6x8" speakers. I am also planning on hooking up both subs to the amp and placing it in the back seat. I was wondering how I should hook up everything else and what kind of crossovers I should buy to handle everything. Also I didn't know if I should buy another amp to run the tweeters separately. I am know little about speakers and just need help with the general overlay of how to hook everything up or any ideas as to how you would hook this up.

Thanks

Bax 

• Does the truck have rear speakers?

If so, I would run the tweeters in parallel with the front speakers.

If not, you could run the tweeters off the front channels and the door speakers off the rear channels.

If I added another amp, I would likely amp the KFC-P680C's and run the tweeters off the HU.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs