Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Stop with the @#$*'@#$ Catalogs already!

Policies, Updates and News

Policies, Updates and News
What's going on in these forums and in the electronics industry

Stop with the @#$*'@#$ Catalogs already!

• How do get the Crutchefield marketing morons to stop hammering you with catalogs, via postal mail?  For the last six months,  I've called Crutchfield's customer support, given them my customer ID and asked to be permanently  removed from their mailing list.   I get the same line about how it will be 6 to 8 weeks before the junkmail stops coming;   again,  six months later and after many, many phone calls, I continue to receive catalogs.

The last time I called, the support person was at least honest enough to tell me that "Marketing will override your preferences".   How f'ed up is that?!?!?

Crutchfield Marketing Morons:   STOP WITH THE CATALOGS!  THEY GO IMMEDIATELY INTO THE TRASH.  YOU WASTE PAPER, MONEY, RESOURCES AND DO NOTHING BUT **** ME OFF BY REPEATEDLY IGNORING MY REQUESTS TO STOP SENDING ME CATALOGS.  IF YOU EVER WANT TO SEE ANOTHER THIN DIME OF MINE,  STOP WITH THE CATALOGS.    OTHERWISE,  I'LL VOTE WITH MY DOLLARS AND FIND ANOTHER ONLINE RETAILER WHO WILL RESPECT MY WISHES...

• Hi Screamy,

I’ve been working with our Marketing Department and Contact Center Managers on this issue.  After a bit of digging, I have some good news and some bad news for you.

The bad news is that you will still receive at least one more catalog (in late January).  The good news is that it should be the last one, and that you helped us make an improvement to our catalog systems.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience, and thank you again for shopping with us.

[edited by: Jeff Kitchen at 2:20 PM (GMT -5) on Tue, Dec 29 2009]

• That's awesome to see that a company actually listens to it's customers and takes action.  I wish other companies would do that, I know Ive asked my fair share of companies like Gieco to stop with the mailings.  But I guess there's a ton of fun to be had with those return envelopes they send if you search the 'net long enough.  Heh.

• I bow to the awesomeness that is Crutchfield.com.   Not only did they stop spamming me with catalogs,  but they actually had a nice young lady from their marketing team make a courtesy phone call  to explain not only the problem,  but the resolution.  Turns out that it was a small bug in their web app which was preventing your marketing preferences from "sticking", so to speak.

My apologies for the rant and applause for your cusomer service.

• I am a Crutchfield customer and I too am sick of receiving these catalogs.  I only browse online and these catalogs are useless for me.

How can I unsubscribe to these catalogs?  There ought to be a link on the Crutchfield.com site that lets you do so.  Many other websites have them, where is Crutchfield.com's link?

How can I remove myself?

Please help!

• I called 800-319-8264 and asked for customer service.