TVs

Panasonic Plasma 42 inch TV with blinking {7}power light

This question is answered

I bought a Panasonic 42 inch plasma TV mod.#TC-P42X1 about 3 months ago @ today it shut off in the middle of a program. When I try to turn it on all I get is blinking (7)red power light. Ive heard it may be internal power supply. Anybody know what that means or how to fix it.Lost in Albuquerque.

Verified Answer
  • There are a couple of different reasons for this to be happening and they require service to be corrected. I have to recommend that you contact Panasonic as soon as possible to arrange for someone to come look at the TV.

Being a 42" Plasma, it qualifies for their Viera Concierge service. Call them at 1-800-973-4390 to get the ball rolling. (Their hours are 9am-9pm Weekdays and 10am-7pm weekends EST).

Shawn

All Replies
  • There are a couple of different reasons for this to be happening and they require service to be corrected. I have to recommend that you contact Panasonic as soon as possible to arrange for someone to come look at the TV.

Being a 42" Plasma, it qualifies for their Viera Concierge service. Call them at 1-800-973-4390 to get the ball rolling. (Their hours are 9am-9pm Weekdays and 10am-7pm weekends EST).

Shawn

• You can easily fix this yourself ....

3 Possible problems .....

D, SD, or SS board.

If you take the cover off the back your have to PCB boards .... one labeled SD and the other is labeled SS.  Both these boards have LEDs that confirm whether there working or not.   Plug TV in and turn on power ... if you see one LED glowing "GREEN" on each of these boards ... then your SD & SS boards are good.  This means your D-Borad is bad a needs replaced and it's located under the A-Board (the one with the A/V inputs on it).

If you don't see the LED on either the SD or SS board light up ... then that board is bad and either needs replaced or fixed (probably a bad capacitor).

Hope this helps.  I have a 42" Panasonic TH-42PZ700U that I had to replace the D-Board in (7 Blinking Light code) ... it's a simple fix.

• the problem is on your buffer board.