Panasonic plasma tv static problem

TVs & Video Components

TVs & Video Components
Talk about TVs, Blu-ray players, and home theater systems
TVs

Panasonic plasma tv static problem

This question is answered

I've had a Panasonic TH-50PHD3 for a few years now, and recently it has started to show a lot of static lines across the screen when I turn it on. At first they would disappear after a few minutes, but now it takes around an hour to fully go away, and sometimes it comes back. I've read that it may be a capacitor problem, but none of the examples I've looked at were the same case as mine. I would like to try and fix the tv if possible instead of getting rid of it, since it cost a pretty penny. This is what the TV looks like after about 30 minutes of warming up.

Any suggestions on what the problem may be and how to fix it would be greatly appreciated. 

Verified Answer
  • It's going to need service and I recommend calling Panasonic to find out where the closest service location is. I really wouldn't recommend an attempt to repair it yourself.

Shawn

All Replies
  • That looks like a power supply problem to me. Pretty common with these sets it seems. I don't know specifically what board, component or IC is the culprit. I think getting a diagnosis from a service tech who had experience with these sets (and a copy of the service manual) may be your best bet.

RESIma

• It's going to need service and I recommend calling Panasonic to find out where the closest service location is. I really wouldn't recommend an attempt to repair it yourself.

Shawn

• Well,  I hope you have your TV already fixed.

If not, let me tell you my friend gave a TV ( The same Model as yours ), with the same problem and after some research i found a response here in the web about  which could be the problem.

It's a power supply problem ( This TV has a monster power supply ) and it has among other sub-boards, 2  small boards ( TNPA1906 ), with a few components on it, the bad guy is the only I.C. on the board ( MD1421N ).

I just ordered this I.C's.  yesterday, so I'm waiting for those and see if that fix the problem.

You can find those chips on ebay or buy those directly from Panasonic.

You will need 2 of those chips.

You can buy  those and get the TV to a shop to get those replaced, or you can wait until i finish replacing those to see the results.

I'm not a TV expert technician but i have a strong electronic background and i fix TV's as a hobby for my friends.

• O.k.

I got the chips and i replaced them, put the 2 boards back on the power supply, turn the T.V. on....and...

Gotcha !!!!.... as new !!!

Not bad for a T.V. i got for free, i just spend $ 18.00 Dlls. and now i have  a nice working DIsplay ( Not a T.V. ), since it hasn't a

tuner integrated...

• What is the part number of these chips or do you know where I can get a pair? Any help I can get with finding these chips would be great. Thanks

• Enrique v.
    MD1421N.

You can find those chips on ebay or buy those directly from Panasonic.

You will need 2 of those chips.

Assuming you have the same problem as Enrique v.  (I'm sure electronics houses like Mouser or Newark would have them as well - shipping will probably be more than the parts, though).

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• oh i am sorry...

• I have a Panasonic TH-50PHD3 Plasma screen. When it is turned on the fans turn on and then it won't complete the power on sequence. The red light stays on for about 3 seconds then blinks twice and continues the cycle again. I checked the fuses and they are fine.

When i remove the TNPA1906 P9 boards the TV stays on and also the fans turn on, but as soonest i place in the p9 boars the red lights stays on and Two relays click on about a half a second apart and the fans turn on and then they both click and everything powers off.

my brother told me to remove those p9 boards and get some other ones or replace the ic's