Ceiling mounting of Bose Acoustimass 6 speakers

TVs & Video Components

TVs & Video Components
Talk about TVs, Blu-ray players, and home theater systems
TVs

Ceiling mounting of Bose Acoustimass 6 speakers

This question is answered

Hi there, I recently purchased the Bose Acoustimass 6 speaker system.  My home is pre-wired for speakers and I would like to use these pre-wired spots in the ceiling for these speakers.  The concern I have is the previous owner of the home used the standard indoor electrical boxes.    I notice I can purchase Bose UB-20 wall/ceiling mount but one of the customer reviews said that these UB-20 mounts are not designed for pre-wired opens where electrical boxes were used.  The suggestion in the review was to weld something together which I would prefer not to do.

Any suggestions on after market parts or what I can do to get these Bose Acoustimass 6 speakers to mount in the ceiling using te existing electrical boxes?

Thanks in advance.

Verified Answer
  • The speakers are very small an probably weigh less than 2 pounds with the bracket attached (much less than many light fixtures) so if the boxes are securely mounted to the beams it should be easy to fabricate an attractive mounting method.

Buy or build some covers for the boxes, mount the speaker brackets to them and Bob's your uncle.

RESIma

All Replies
  • The speakers are very small an probably weigh less than 2 pounds with the bracket attached (much less than many light fixtures) so if the boxes are securely mounted to the beams it should be easy to fabricate an attractive mounting method.

Buy or build some covers for the boxes, mount the speaker brackets to them and Bob's your uncle.

RESIma