TVs

backorders

This question is answered

I was just wondering how long tvs are typically on backorder for?  I placed an order the 13th of April and my tv is said to be on backorder.  So I am curious to know how often crutchfield gets new shipments of tvs?  I'm waiting on the delivery of the tv before i start gathering the other components for installation. Thanks.

Verified Answer
  • This year has been a "non-traditional" year for TV manufacturer's.  Many of the big manufacturer's are bringing more production to Central America (Mexico) and leaving Asia.  This is a good thing in terms of quality control, but does create a slight delay in production as many of the parts used to build the TV's are still made in Asia.

Many of the models that we offer are slowly rolling into stock, but many others are on backorder (or Pre-Order).  I've been told that most of the models should arrive by mid-May, but of course we are at the mercy of the manufacturer.  In years past, by the end of April all the 2012 models were typically in-stock and ready for shipping, but this year as I mentioned is not a traditional year. 

If you're under a time crunch, consider an in-stock model.  Sorry I don't have better news, but hopefully that explains it a little more than simply saying "Unknown ETA".  You're welcome to call our customer support at 1-800-955-9091 at any point for up-to-date information.

All Replies
  • You will probably get a faster response using the chat or toll-free phone numbers above (or on the main page).

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• This year has been a "non-traditional" year for TV manufacturer's.  Many of the big manufacturer's are bringing more production to Central America (Mexico) and leaving Asia.  This is a good thing in terms of quality control, but does create a slight delay in production as many of the parts used to build the TV's are still made in Asia.

Many of the models that we offer are slowly rolling into stock, but many others are on backorder (or Pre-Order).  I've been told that most of the models should arrive by mid-May, but of course we are at the mercy of the manufacturer.  In years past, by the end of April all the 2012 models were typically in-stock and ready for shipping, but this year as I mentioned is not a traditional year. 

If you're under a time crunch, consider an in-stock model.  Sorry I don't have better news, but hopefully that explains it a little more than simply saying "Unknown ETA".  You're welcome to call our customer support at 1-800-955-9091 at any point for up-to-date information.

• Yes thank you for your response.  I did call the help number but they are unsure of when the new tvs will arrive as well.  I was hoping on a free HD tv calibration disk or something for my trouble.  I really like Crutchfield for many reasons and would prefer to give them my business.  The prices are always comparable, the tech support is fantastic and the customer service has always been helpful to me.  I am just hoping something will happen soon.  I have located this particular tv that I am currently waiting for in stock on several other online retailers like Amazon.  And I could easily cancel my order here at Crutchfield and place the order with them at the same price but I want to stick with Crutchfield for my online electronics shopping.  I like the rewards system and already bought a new stereo system for my wife's Jeep several months back.  I actually used my rewards points on this purchase.  And once this transaction goes through I plan on buying a new cd player for my vehicle.  I think that Crutchfield should give people an update at least once a week to let them know any sort of update for their backorders or whatever.  Maybe they could let us know how many other people are also waiting on the same item.  That would allow us to determine if we should wait or go elsewhere.  Cause currently I have no idea how many other people are also waiting for this same tv and I asked the person in customer support  and they didn't seem to know how many tvs would come in an order and if the order will even be large enough to fill the pre-ordered tvs.  I guess I will wait and see what happens this week. 

• I don't work for Crutchfield, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't know when they would get an order in or how many they would receive.  I would think they could tell you how many orders are in front of you (There are 10 unfilled TV orders for that model ahead of yours, for example), but without knowing if they usually get 5 or 50 TV's in a shipment, that doesn't help much either.

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• I'm not sure what model you are waiting on, but once we know a date we will contact the customers on backorder to let them know when we expect them. We try to wait until we have a solid answer to give an update, because until then it would only be a guesstimate. Sorry about the delay, but like Mike said it has certainly be a non-traditional year for us and televisions.