samsung un40es6500 clicking/boinking sounds

TVs & Video Components

TVs & Video Components
Talk about TVs, Blu-ray players, and home theater systems
TVs

samsung un40es6500 clicking/boinking sounds

• Does anyone have a solution to disable the extremely annoying clicking/boinking sounds that come from my new samsung un40es6500 every time I change the volume/source, etc?

• There is a menu setting to disable the audible "chimes" when the TV is turned on/off.  You should find this by hitting menu and searching the settings.  I've not personally experienced any Samsung TV's that make a noise when you adjust the volume or source, but that's not to say you're not having those issues.  The Samsung TV's I personally own make a noise at startup and power off, which is able to be turned off.

I hope this helps.  Does anyone else have a recommendation?

• Mike:

Thanks for getting back to me re my Samsung UN40ES6500 TV and its irritating clicking/boinking sounds when I go to "source" and/or adjust "volume."

However, I could find no menu setting to disable the audible "chimes."  The Samsung site for "troubleshooting" and FAQs offered no help, either.  Evidently, Samsung probably views these irritating sounds as a positive, rather than a negative (perhaps in the same way that Microsoft embeds all those CPU sound effects, which, at my age of 80 years, I've been able to disable).

I do remain open to any further suggestions.

Thanks,

hck

• I've answered my own question.

goto menu

goto system

goto general

goto sound feedback

goto off

QED

Thanks for your interest.

hck