TVs

TV with no remote. What are my options?

• We got a new TV at an estate sale unfortunantly it came with no remote.

We have a universal remote but none of it's programmed codes worked for it.

The TV is a Sylvania model SRT2027 .  I'd rather not have to buy the thirty dollar replacement remote since I only need it so I can hit the TV/Video button and play some PS2 :)

Anybody have any advice (besides to not buy old used tv's...)?

My normal response is to throw more wattage at the problem
  • Two things I'd try:

1) Call Sylvania and ask for a programming code specific to your TV

2) Call the maker of your universal remote is Sylvania doesn't offer assistance. 

Currently working on my MBA program.  I hope to return sometime in December 2010. 

• 3)   Get off your tail and press the button on the face of the TV. Devil

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• Ha... I wish it was that simple, but there is no button on the face for TV/Video and no way to choose that in the menu.
  • There's always the option of recycling that TV in favor of a new unit. 

Currently working on my MBA program.  I hope to return sometime in December 2010. 

• The original remote had a GAME button that switched to the external video input. However, this can also be done in the menu of the TV.

1. Press the menu button to display the menu on the TV.
    2. Press the VOL up button so that picture is selected.
    3. Select GAME with the CH up or down button.
    4. Set GAME to ON with the volume button.

Use the same steps to set GAME to OFF to watch OTA TV.

Shawn

• With many universal remotes there is also an option to have it scan all the codes to try and find one that works. Check the owners manual (if you still have it) for the universal remote or let us know what the make and model is - we might be able to track down if this is possible for you.

I've had a couple of pieces of equipment in the past that I have had to do this with. Not all the functions always come through, but I have been pretty lucky with at least being able to get the basic functions to work.  

• Shawn, I tried doing that but when I set game mode to on nothing happened.  Does it need to be on any specific channel at the time?

Jeff Kitchen, I didn't even think to look at the manual, I'm looking at the online version now and I'll let you know if I have any luck.  BTW it's a "one for all" URC-6011

• Alright, I got it to work!  Thanks guys! Wink
  • Didja use the TV buttons or get it to work with the universal remote? 

[edited by: JerSully at 2:40 PM (GMT -5) on Wed, Apr 16 2008]
  • Remote.  There is no button on the face for TV/Video input.
  • Sorry, I wasn't sure from Shawn's post if those steps were on the TV or remote.

[edited by: JerSully at 10:28 AM (GMT -5) on Thu, Apr 17 2008]
  • How did you get it to work, I have the same problem- trying to use this tv for PS3. Can't get to the video/input  channel